Monday, February 16, 2009

Now that I have pushed myself to actually finish some of my 2009 images hopefully I will be posting on a weekly or bi weekly basis. These images will be a continuation of much of what I have already posted for the end of the 2008 pieces but eventually moving on through different areas of California and touching on some of my older work in Mississippi and Louisiana.

I will apologies in advance to anyone following in the next week. As many of you are aware we are in full Carnival Season here in the great city of New Orleans. It is looking to be a promising Mardi Gras and that might have an effect on how often I am posting.

So on to the art. This piece Coastal Flight I, Santa Cruz, captures a group of birds in formation flying over the rocky terrain and rough seas these birds call home. The birds would perch themselves on these lone rocks on what appears to be a dangerous perch but in truth were probably safest here than nesting on more plush sites on the opposite shore. The bird calls over the rushing of the waves was truly spectacular to behold.

This piece is 2 1/2 in. x 4 1/2 in.

No comments:

Post a Comment