Sunday, January 4, 2009

I am working on putting up more of my multiples in the California series. This diptych is two pieces entitled Coast, Santa Cruz I and Coast, Santa Cruz II respectively.

Both pieces are 3 1/2 in. x 3 1/2 in. each.

The photographic images that I will be posting from the California series were all shot on 35mm Ilford Pan F Plus Black and White Film, yes film. I have been shooting with this type of film for about 5 or 6 years now and find it to be one of the greatest black and white films that I have worked with. It is wonderful in the studio but I have used it mostly for shooting on-site outdoors. It allows for a great amount tonal change across the film which results in rich tones on the final prints. I won't get in to to much technical information as I don't deal with a great deal of specifics with film or processing. From the film I scan the images with a flatbed transparency scanner and then process through photoshop before printing. I print with archival inks in an Epson print.

Please let me know if you have any questions pertaining to the processing of the images and I will be happy to give you what information I have. Also, feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment