Friday, January 30, 2009

This piece, Rocky Coast, Santa Cruz, again references the idea of the power of the ocean is juxtaposed against the rigidity of the coast.

This piece is 3 1/2 in. x 3 1/2 in.

Most of the images and themes I deal with in my work revolve around solitude and isolation. I tend to fall to most of these as a base level because that is where I feel most comfortable. Part of this blog is an exercise to give me some type of deadline to make me constantly produce and hopefully pull me away from some of these base levels. I feel like I need to get out of the habit of forced solitude - though I truly enjoy it when its just me and the landscape.

I am getting ready to move on to some of the new 2009 pieces. These will also be from the California series as I travel up the coast and further inward. The postings are going to start to spread out some more as I am working but they will be coming soon. I am also hoping to have the time to start working in some other mediums and posting those images as well. In the next few months my plan is to get back to Etsy.com and start linking some of my work for purchase but in the mean time please feel free to contact me directly for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment