Monday, January 5, 2009

This is the second diptych in the first part of the California series. Each piece is entitled Coastal Crash, Santa Cruz I and Coastal Crash, Santa Cruz II, respectively.

Both pieces are 3 1/2 in. x 3 1/2 in. each.

I feel like I have gotten a few technical aspects dealt with at this point so I would like to discuss my background regarding this particular series. I love landscape and the feelings that it can evoke in a person. The creation and processing to create the final print is only part of the art process; actually being out and exploring various aspects of the landscape is a great part of the artistic process. I grew up in East Central Mississippi and most of the landscape in that area is fairly flat and can be very rural - I love finding part of my roots in other parts of the country and the world. I will be going back to some of my early negatives from Mississippi to revisit those prints but under the same context of the California series where I will be working on a smaller scale. I hope you look forward to viewing those images in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment